From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: [sage-on-gentoo] sympy-0.7.2-r2 fails to build
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:46:30
1 Quoting v_2e@×××.net:
2
3 > Hello!
4 > After re-emerging 'scons' and updating both portage and
5 > 'sage-on-gentoo' overlay, I do not observe build problems with
6 > sage-clib any more, but now sympy fails to build.
7 > Here is the build log: http://bpaste.net/show/81612/
8 >
9 Sorry Vladimir, I got buried in stuff. Can you please uninstall gmpy?
10 At least set MPMATH_NOGMPY=1 before emerging sympy.
11
12 We should just ask everyone who uses sage-on-gentoo to mask gmpy.
13
14 If you install sage, mpmath and therefore sympy won't work with gmpy.
15 Don't even
16 try. mpmath will install normally but not sympy because it import itself at
17 compilation/install time. You can shutdown the use of gmpy in mpmath by
18 setting
19 MPMATH_NOGMPY. There is similarly a MPMATH_NOSAGE variable but it is broken in
20 that one sage import is not under its control.
21
22 Upstream mpmath knows about the last problem. Not sure when there will be a
23 release to fix it.
24
25 Francois