From: Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sage-4.3.5-r1 && sage-core
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 21:02:17
1 Hi Steve,
2
3 On Sunday 18 April 2010 21:10:17 Steven Trogdon wrote:
4 > Christopher,
5 >
6 > I've finally gotten around to trying the changes and a clean emerge of
7 > everything installs as it should. Here a revdep-rebuild reveals that
8 > libsingular.so can't be found. The proposed resolution is to re-emerge
9 > sage-core which, of course, doesn't resolve the issue. What's the procedure
10 > to update the ld cache when libraries like libsingular.so are not in the
11 > "standard" location? Should something be done in sage-singular that
12 > doesn't compromise things?
13
14 I noticed the same behavior and looked at /etc/ld.so.cache which pointed to
15 /etc/env.d/... - so the gentoo way of doing this would be to add a file which
16 contains LDPATH="/opt/sage/local/lib". Though I did not test it, it should
17 work and I will add this file tomorrow.
18
19 Cheers,
20
21 Christopher