From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] openmodelica and salome
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:51:30
1 Hi there,
2
3 On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 07:59:55PM +0100, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
4
5 > I wonder if anybody could install openmodelica and salome
6 > using any ebuild?
7 >
8 > The page for modelica:
9 > http://www.ida.liu.se/~pelab/modelica/OpenModelica.html
10 >
11 > I saw some discussions about salome, but I am not sure if
12 > there exists any ebuild yet!?
13
14 You can file an enhancement request on http://bugs.gentoo.org
15 and try to write an ebuild for those packages
16 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1
17 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml
18
19 Since there are more people who want to have packages in the portage tree
20 than people who can integrate and maintain them, the sci herd currently has
21 about 175 open enhancement requests waiting, dating back more than two
22 years. But don't be afraid, they are not processed in chronological order.
23 So if you can tell what makes these packages so special and important
24 there's the chance some developer will have a look at them.
25
26 HTH,
27
28 Patrick