From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: sci@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Another new scientific herd tester
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:46:01
1 Hi,
2
3 I would like to announce that we now have another scientific herd tester,
4 Sebastien Fabbro (bicatali) <seb@×××××××.pt>. He is a French guy living in
5 Portugal with wide and varied interests from gastronomy, outdoor activities
6 and the obligatory programming :) He is a post-doc researcher working in
7 observational cosmology and so he should be able to help us out with
8 bolstering the physics and mathematical applications.
9
10 I hope you will all welcome him to the team. I am working with the herd
11 testers to produce a scientific overlay. It is in the early stages right now.
12 I will be working with the herd testers to add more ebuilds into the overlay
13 which will act as a testing ground where ebuilds can be worked upon, tested
14 by users and improved until they are ready to go into the tree.
15
16 I will make a full announcement once it has been populated a little more. This
17 should allow us to respond to requests more quickly without compromising on
18 the quality of the ebuilds in the tree.
19
20 Thanks,
21
22 Marcus