From: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] overlay move to git
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:08:28
1 2009-01-08, Sébastien Fabbro sanoi:
2
3 > We are planning to switch the science overlay from subversion to
4 > git.
5 > It will allow faster work flow from local overlay to a master one,
6 > which also may attract more contributors. Many overlays are now
7 > switching to git.
8
9 Ok, must be useful then. Now, does anyone have a pointer to a short and
10 concise documentation that tells me how my work flow changes and all the
11 spells I have to cast e.g. when version bumping one of the packages?
12 Because I’ve no previous experience of git or of any DVCS’s.
15 Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation’s Finnish head translator, Finnish
16 overlay keeper and more <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>.