From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Github repo is Live & Kicking
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:03:25
1 On 03/15/2012 11:03 AM, Oliver Borm wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > what are with users that only have write access to the original overlay?
5 > Do they need a github account in order to further contribute to the sci
6 > overlay?
7 It's not mandatory so they don't need to, though I've strongly encourage
8 to do so.
9 > What will happen if they push their changes just to g.o.g ?
10 When a person with access to both repos does git pull --all, it pull
11 changes from both, and during push --all it will be naturally migrated
12 to github. Of course it also works the other way around. As far as my
13 short experience with that workflow goes it's almost indistinguishable
14 to what we had so far. Only pull/push time is slightly longer
15 Cheers,
16 Kacper
17 >
18 > Oliver