From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Github repo is Live & Kicking
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:03:25
On 03/15/2012 11:03 AM, Oliver Borm wrote:
> Hi, > > what are with users that only have write access to the original overlay? > Do they need a github account in order to further contribute to the sci > overlay?
It's not mandatory so they don't need to, though I've strongly encourage to do so.
> What will happen if they push their changes just to g.o.g ?
When a person with access to both repos does git pull --all, it pull changes from both, and during push --all it will be naturally migrated to github. Of course it also works the other way around. As far as my short experience with that workflow goes it's almost indistinguishable to what we had so far. Only pull/push time is slightly longer Cheers, Kacper