From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo]cleaning and other stuff
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 21:05:01
Hi all,

sage-4.8 is shaping nicely. Unfortunately upstream will still use python-2.6 for
this release so we have a massive patch until sage-5.0 which should come after.
We have a lot of version of sage in the overlay at the moment I am thinking of
cleaning things up after 4.8 and keep only sage-4.8 in our "unmasked" channel.
I think we should do the same after 5.0 - that will flush a massive amount of
patches at that point.

I also plan to include http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/12171
and move mpfi out of the overlay to rely on the main tree (provided it got
propagated to prefix).

If you want to keep an older version of sage, I think it is time for you to make
your point.

In this new year I also welcome suggestions and comments on things people think
should be improved or that we should do. Actually we always do, that's just a
reminder.

Cheers,
Francois