From: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-science <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-prefix] sympow
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 21:15:51
Hi Christopher,

Since sage-on-prefix is semi-official I though I would indicate an
issue I encountered in installing Sage from sage-on-gentoo in a prefix
on Debian Linux.

When building sympow (sympow-1.018.1_p8-r1) the Debian system gcc
compiler was being used instead of the Prefix gcc. This was because
sympow provides in Configure a whichexe() function with hard-coded
search paths. The easiest thing for me was to add:

         # fix EPREFIX in whichexe() function
         sed -i -e "s:-f \/bin:-f ${EPREFIX}\/bin:" \
                 -e "s:echo \/bin:echo ${EPREFIX}\/bin:" \
                 -e "s:\/usr:${EPREFIX}\/usr:g" \
                 Configure || die "failed to fix EPREFIX in whichexe()"

to src_prepare(). I didn't think about it until just recently, but
perhaps the hard-coded paths could be removed so the prefix/gentoo
system 'which' is used.

Steve