From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: "Marcin Woźniak" <y0rune@×××.com>
Cc: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Re: Question about being maintainer or developer
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 00:23:50
1 Hi Marcin,
2
3 Marcin Woźniak <y0rune@×××.com> writes:
4
5 > Oh my God!
6 > Thank You for fast answer to me ;) I read all the Google Summer of
7 > Code and I like "Big Data Infrastructure by Gentoo", but I do not know
8 > JAVA language, but I like writing scripts in bash. My last project was
9 > created the script for auto update kernel ;) I wrote it here:
10 > https://github.com/y0rune/commands/blob/master/update-kernel
11
12 Cool. There is no need to take one from the 2020 list. You can, for
13 example, reuse the 2019 ones[1], and alternatively, propose your own
14 project.
15
16 > I will read the "devmanual" to sharpen my skills ;)
17 >
18 > About "gentoo/sci" I should search bugs in the bugs.gentoo.org and in
19 > the github, right?
20
21 Plus gentoo/sci CI output, figure out why it fails and fix it.
22
23 > When I am ready for doing the quiz I can send it for you and after the
24 > pass I will be the Dev in Gentoo, will not you ?
25
26 Basically yes. But please read through the recruitment page on the wiki
27 for the most precise information.
28
29 Yours,
30 Benda