From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] singular-4.0.0
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 14:04:24
1 Hi,
2
3 singular-4.0.0 still does not work. Remember last time we wanted to
4 change configure of omalloc to not check that the ar programm is
5 actually called 'ar'. This requires rebuilding the build system which
6 fails in many many different ways. I suspect that upstream uses a very
7 old version of autotools because some upgrade broke their scripts?
8
9 I remember that last time I asked them, they said that using autoreconf
10 ourselves is discouraged, we should use their pre-made configure. At
11 the moment I don't have the energy to continue. Maybe things have
12 changed upstream and they care about this now? If either of you wants
13 to try, it's there in the overlay and upstream moved to github now:
14 https://github.com/Singular
15
16 Cheers,
17 Thomas