From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] Sage-4.5.3 segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:32:58
Hello!
  After a recent software update on my amd64-based machine, I get the
following message trying to launch Sage:

Unhandled SIGSEGV: A segmentation fault occurred in Sage.
This probably occurred because a *compiled* component
of Sage has a bug in it (typically accessing invalid memory)
or is not properly wrapped with _sig_on, _sig_off.
You might want to run Sage under gdb with 'sage -gdb' to debug this.
Sage will now terminate (sorry).

And then it just exits. I have no idea where to search for the reasons
of such behaviour, so decided to ask here. :)

Thanks.
Vladimir

-----
 <v_2e@×××.net>