From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci-libs/mpir for the main tree
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:02:33
1 > Hi,
2 >
3 > my next migration victim will be mpir, the friendly clone of gmp. The
4 > current ebuild is the same in sage-on-gentoo and science. It has this
5 > assembler stuff in it that I don't understand. Who did this? What is
6 > the latest here, can we remove the fat TODO-banner (or DO it?).
7 >
8 > Any other hints/objections? (Yes, I know that there is a bump
9 > waiting...)
10 >
11 Hi Thomas,
12
13 Christopher did it. mpir like gmp suffer from executable stacks.
14 There are talk on sage-devel which is very close to mpir upstream
15 to take a different approach: using an m4 macro and a linker flag
16 to remove them -Wl,-z,noexecstack.
17 The motivation to fix this is fedora 14 which doesn't allow executable stacks
18 by default.
19 I think the warning could be removed for now but the ebuild will probably
20 need a little TLC in the near future.
21
22 Francois