List Archive: gentoo-science
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Alexey Shvetsov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I dont like this idea
>> 1. it will not be easyer to contribute, better to ask infra to setup
>> patchwork or gerrit
>> 2. there is gentoo bugzilla and tag [science overlay]
>> 3. wiki.gentoo.org up and running
1. much faster to open an account on github than to go through a chain
of emails between the contributor, infra and gentoo devs.
1. easier to track clones and pull
1. good luck having a code reviewing tool accepted by infra within a
reasonable time frame
2. bugzilla + tag [science overlay] is a hack prone to human mistake
that gives unnecessary work to bugs scanners, whereas a unified
scm+issue system going straight to the dev
3. wiki.g.o is up but not unified to a specific project, I have not
seen a single sci contribution yet
It would be awesome to have infra set up Gentoo projects with a nice
unified web+wiki+issue tracker+repo. Unfortunately I don't see it
happening in the next year or so. Meanwhile external solutions exist.
Basically the idea is to reduce work load and bureaucracy while
improving code quality.