From: Mark <mark@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Introduction
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:13:18
1 You'll be a great addition to the Gentoo team. Even though I'm not a dev
2 I'd still like to say - Great to have you on board!
3
4 Mark
5
6 On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:03:05AM CET, Robert Clark spoke 1.6K bytes, saying:
7
8 > Hi All,
9 >
10 > I'm just becoming a gentoo dev and at the moment I'm mainly concerned
11 > with a few security-related packages. This is because security is a big
12 > interest of mine and I hope to move into the gentoo-security side of things.
13 >
14 > At the moment I am working for the European particle physics
15 > laboratories; CERN. Here I spend most of my working time writing in C.
16 > My major project here is a distributed parallel application that works
17 > with the time projection chamber. In all of my work I try to be as
18 > security conscious as possible.
19 >
20 > I have always had a big bad interest in computer security, I spend a lot
21 > of time writing PoC code for various bugs and holes I come across. I
22 > have to say that a lot of this is done on wargames servers because I
23 > like the environment and the challenge of competing with my peers.
24 >
25 > My dissertation project is based around a small embedded platform to
26 > audit corporate networks from the inside, using various fuzzing
27 > techniques to penetrate in house network services and middleware.
28 >
29 > Me in a nutshell:
30 > Enthusiastic
31 > Smart
32 > Some good security background
33 > Programmer of C, C++, Java and some python
34 > Not so good at mailing list introductions ;-)
37 > Anyway, If there is space for me, I'd love to help out where I can..
38 > --
39 > /**
40 > * Robert Clark
41 > * Technical Student ALICE/DAQ