From: Ochal Christophe <ochal@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:33:24
1 Brian G. Peterson schreef:
2 > On Wednesday 04 October 2006 06:37, Ochal Christophe wrote:
3 >> I've been looking for a way to use our internal gentoo box (file - &
4 >> printserver) to also cache windowsupdates & mac updates.
5
6 > I'd start by looking at squid proxying. It would help your bandwidth
7 > usage in general.
8 >
9 > http://www.squid-cache.org/
10 >
11 > emerge squid squidguard squid-graph
12 >
13 > You could set special proxy rules for files from windowsupdate and mac
14 > update sites.
15
16 That was what i was thinking of doing, but i've got zero experiance with
17 squid sofar.
18
19 Another thing i'd like to implement is a way to see what machines used
20 how much bandwidth & wich user. (something akin of a watchguard i suppose)
21
22 I'll have to read up on squid i guess
23 --
24 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list