From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Kernel Security + KISS
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:46:56
1 On Saturday 16 February 2008, Casey Link wrote:
2 > I understand the logic behind not including kernel vulnerabilities in
3 > regular GLSAs but in that thread
4 > an up and coming solution (KISS) was mentioned. That was back in 2005
5 > and now according to the Gentoo Kernel Security sub-project page the
6 > project is stalled. Whatever happened to the KISS project?
7 I sadly died before going live and the original kernel developer left.
8
9 > I think notifying users of relevant kernel vulnerabilities is
10 > important and I would like to help if possible. What is the current
11 > state of things regarding kernel vulnerability reporting?
12 I agree. However we need people with kernel knowledge and time to handle
13 security issues for all kernel sources.
14
15 Anyone interested should mail security@g.o.
18 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
19 Gentoo Linux Security Team