From: dante <dante@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Cryptsetup-LUKS: cryptsetup -c anycipher-xts-plain:sha256 or not :sha256?
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:16:15
There are two wikipedia articles which explain disk encryption theory in general: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_encryption_theory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_cipher_modes_of_operation The latter is particularly good and illustrates the problem with naive ECB mode using pictures. I hope this helps --Tony -- gentoo-security@l.g.o mailing list