From: Nathanael Hoyle <nhoyle@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Advice about security solution
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 20:26:33
unaos wrote:
> On 06:30 Wed 09 Nov , Brian G. Peterson wrote: > >>Also, you should seriously consider making your compressed file in a RAM disk >>instead of in /tmp, to avoid any issues with disk scanning. (I know these are >>system logs that are already on the system disk in plain-text, but it never >>hurts to think about what might get left behind somewhere). > > > How can bash script do malloc() ?
The poster did not mention malloc. The poster suggested a RAM disk. shmfs on a mount point would satisfy this requirement without needing to introduce the complexity of malloc into the bash script. -- Nathanael Hoyle Systems and Networking Speed Express Networks, LLC nhoyle@××××××××××××.net 432.837.2811 -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list