From: Kevin van Haaren <kevin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:54:20
1 --On October 4, 2006 8:08:05 AM -0500 Ben Koren <benkoren@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I don't have a script on hand to show you as an example, but I had a
4 > small script for doing the windows updates. Basically, I went through
5 > and downloaded all of the updates manually (the kb****** executables
6 > from MS).
7
8 Since the beginning of the year Microsoft bundles all of it's monthly
9 updates into an ISO file. You can download that instead of searching for
10 them manually. Of course, this being Microsoft, the ISO's are not
11 cumulative so you need each one, and there isn't one for patches prior to
12 January 2006.
13
14 <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913086>
15 --