From: Florian Sowade <f.sowade@×××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Encrypting a user home folder on a laptop
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:54:47
Randy Barlow wrote:
> I am probably being paranoid, but I'd like to encrypt my /home/username > folder on my laptop.
just another point: you should think about encrypting at least /tmp and swap too, because temporary data will be stored there and if your home dir is encrypted but those two are not one could simply read your data from there. Have a look at this forum thread for the setup. because it uses random keys you don't have to enter a passphrase at bootup: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-298001-highlight-encrypt+ramdisk.html -- gentoo-security@l.g.o mailing list