From: Florian Sowade <f.sowade@×××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Encrypting a user home folder on a laptop
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:54:47
1 Randy Barlow wrote:
2 > I am probably being paranoid, but I'd like to encrypt my /home/username
3 > folder on my laptop.
4
5 just another point: you should think about encrypting at least /tmp and swap
6 too, because temporary data will be stored there and if your home dir is
7 encrypted but those two are not one could simply read your data from there.
8 Have a look at this forum thread for the setup. because it uses random keys
9 you don't have to enter a passphrase at bootup:
10 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-298001-highlight-encrypt+ramdisk.html
11 --
12 gentoo-security@l.g.o mailing list