From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] org-x11 GLSA 200509-07. Is bug #96053 fixed in -r3? (black icons)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 03:01:08
"W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au> skribis:
> 4. Everybodies requirements are different: unless devs get feedback on > whats important to users, how would they know. I acknowledge that whats > important to devs is not neccessarily going to gel for the users, but > the fact that gentoo now does not have a usable desktop for a large part > of its user community should be a concern for all.
You could likely use the upstream version rather than the Gentoo percolated product. That's what I do with my kernel patches, partly for similar reasons as what you are dealing with. -- Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org http://www.chemoelectric.org Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Barijo.SXVARCO@×××××××××××××.org 'And now we're going to go try to comfort people in that part of the world.' -- Bush, referring to the southeastern U.S.