From: "Daniel A. Avelino" <daavelino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] No GLSA since January?!?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:23:57
1 On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Alex Legler <a3li@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Friday 26 August 2011 14:18:20 Daniel A. Avelino wrote:
4 > > Alex.
5 > >
6 > > May be a call for volunteers more "intense" could improve the manpower.
7 > This
8 > > could be a more
9 > > easy start point to address, no?.
10 >
11 > Well, the staffing needs page IS the point for making such calls. It's not
12 > that we haven't had people contacting us about helping, it's that they
13 > usually
14 > disappear shortly after that again after they've seen the tasks at hand.
15 >
16 > I know how it works!
19 > > I work too in some [smaller] security processes and can figure out what
20 > kind
21 > > of work are you talking about.
22 > >
23 > > As Kauhaus pointed, may be somethings should be automated but again, this
24 > is
25 > > a hard job to
26 > > implement and to keep results trustable.
29 > Automation is a key thing I've been introducing in the new tools and
30 > processes
31 > for sending advisories.
32 > I'd rather not focus on a temporary automated system however, knowing that
33 > we're about to get back to the/near the status quo.
34 >
35 > When I think about automation, I had in mind something that could help
36 developers to find
37 vulnerabilities in a more fast way [searching and confronting CVE, for
38 example] and start a
39 "call for solution" process. I work with solutions of this type for WEB
40 vulnerabilities discover
41 and some tools are very interesting to reduce the correction time.
42
43 By the way, I will start to read about what a Padawan should know instead of
44
45 make speculations prematurelly. :D
46
47 Thank you very much for the explanations.
48
49 Daniel A. Avelino