From: "Konstnatin V. Gavrilenko" <mlists@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Days of yore
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 15:38:55
the script I use to get email notifications of the affected ebuilds,
that also prepares a shell script that fixes the glsas.

might be useful for someone.

yours,
kos

#!/bin/bash
tmp="/tmp/.glsa-check"
update="/root/run-to-update.sh"
glsa="/usr/portage/metadata/glsa"

if [ -f $tmp ] ; then
 rm -f $tmp
fi

if [ -f $update ] ; then
 rm -f $update
fi

emerge --sync >/dev/null 2>&1
glsa-check -n --list affected 2> /dev/null > $tmp

arr=(`cat $tmp | awk '{print $1}'`)
BUGCOUNT=${#arr[@]}

if [ $BUGCOUNT -gt "0" ] ; then

echo -e '#!/bin/bash' > $update
echo -ne '#relevant as for ' >> $update
echo `date +%D` >> $update

 n=0
 while (($n < $BUGCOUNT)); do

echo "/usr/bin/glsa-check -f" ${arr[$n]} >> $update
cat $glsa/glsa-${arr[$n]}.xml | grep "# emerge"  | grep -v "emerge
--sync" | \
  sed 's/\&quot\;/\"/g' | sed 's/\&gt\;/\>/g' | sed 's/<\/code>//g' >>
$update
echo  >> $update
  let n+=1
 done

echo -e "\nRun $update to update the system" >> $tmp
 cat $tmp | /bin/mail -s GLSA_UNAPPLIED email_address@××××××.com
 rm -rf $tmp
fi