From: Peter Simons <simons@××××.to>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: Package signing and distribution
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:14:02
1 Heiko Wundram writes:
2
3 > I am currently working on a system which does exactly
4 > this signing process with an addon library I've written
5 > myself (so, no need for gpg, just Python + module).
6
7 I _think_ that a very similar system does exist already:
8
9 http://www.venge.net/monotone/
10
11 I can't be certain, but from your description it sounds
12 quite familiar. In fact, I had thought about recommending
13 Monotone as a means for distributing the Portage tree
14 instead of using CVS/rsync, but I think also that such a
15 fundamental change would take ages to get organized.
16
17 However, if a distribution / versioning scheme like that
18 would be used by Gentoo, it would be really nice, IMHO.
19
20 Peter
24 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list