From: Peter Simons <simons@××××.to>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: Out of air
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 03:41:51
1 Den,
2
3 when you send carbon copies of a private e-mail exchange to
4 the mailing list out of the sudden, then please make sure
5 you don't forget to provide the proper context in your
6 quotes so that the readers know what it is about. Let me
7 help you with that:
8
9 > Den writes:
10 >
11 > > Peter Simons wrote:
12 >
13 > >> Fixing a vulnerability that threatens your user's
14 > >> machines without me having to bitch and moan for _days_
15 > >> would be fair, too, and you don't do it either.
16 >
17 > > developers of open source software OWES nothing to the
18 > > users.
19 >
20 > May I quote that?
21
22 Because otherwise it would look as if I had said something I
23 did not.
24
25 No need to apologize. Accidents happen.
26
27 Peter
31 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list