From: abhay <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] gpg-agent not setting environment correctly.
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:47:18
On Friday 11 Nov 2005 7:52 am, Pedro Venda wrote:
> have you checked that gpg-agent is indeed running? do a ps -C gpg-agent? > > pjlv@archon ~ $ ps -C gpg-agent > PID TTY TIME CMD > 25227 ? 00:00:00 gpg-agent > pjlv@archon ~ $
*Feeling really dumb at the moment* Thanks to that part of your mail, something clicked :-) I tried to start gpg-agent from command line instead of from the scripts. Even though the daemon was starting it was not taking connections. A little more googling and the error messages made me check the gpg-agent.conf once again. I had blindly followed the instructions from kmail.kde.org thus putting path to pinentry in gpg-agent.conf as /usr/local/bin/pinentry-qt instead of /usr/bin/pinentry-qt. Changed it to correct path and it works now. Probably the most stupid mistake since I did an accidental "rm -fR /" Thanks for your help. Abhay