From: Peter Meier <peter.meier@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Encryption Ciphers
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:33:58
1 Hi
2
3 > I just wanted to jump in and say that I'm personally a fan of Serpent. I
4 > like to use something that's a little less popular, but still open. It is
5 > similar in strength (IMHO), but there will be more people trying to break
6 > AES than Serpent. For example, I've read the XSL attack that can weaken AES
7 > is too complex when used on Serpent -- it would be more expensive than a
8 > brute force attack.
9
10 in my opinion quite a bad assumption. the more a crypto algorithm is
11 open, the more people it test, the more it can be assumed that it is
12 safe against current known attacks.
13
14 greets pete
15 --