From: Adam Bisaro <adbisaro@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-security@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Changes to traceroute in newest release
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:05:07
1 > > On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 12:47, David Olsen wrote:
2
3 > > > The point was traceroute is _not_ installed by default. An admin
4 > > > desiring to install this software, in my case, on several hundred
5 > > > servers, I don't want to have to chmod traceroute on all those boxes,
6 > > > everytime there's an update to traceoute because of what could be deemed
7 > > > a poor choice for security.
8