From: Dan Noe <dpn@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] If your interested
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 06:05:40
1 On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 02:30:48PM +0900, Bernhard Egger wrote:
2 > > servers that are intentionally advertising ssh for it's users globally,
3 > > so can't use port knocking, can't block all of korea (as some users
4 > > definatly connect from there) and so on...
5 > exactly. I would prefer a solution where an IP is automatically blocked
6 > for a limited amount of time after, say, 3 failed login attempts.
7 >
8 > I don't know how to do this, but maybe somebody already has a script for
9 > something like that?
10
11 Check out Login Sentry as modified by Jesse Shrieve:
12
13 http://lumiere.net/~j/login_sentry/login_sentry
14
15 It uses hosts.deny, so it is also cross-platform (cross-POSIX, anyways).
16 Works well for me.
17
18 -D
22 | Dan Noe, freelance hacker