From: Brad Plant <bplant@×××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Kernels and GLSAs
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:32:20
1 > > Ok, I just checked the security handbook and it only mentions
2 > > glsa-check. Ok, its probably my bad... but shouldnt emerge world
3 > > merge security updates too?
4 >
5 > "world" is only the contents of /var/lib/portage/world and their (deep
6 > if using --deep) dependencies. Integration of glsa-check in the form of
7 > "emerge --security" or some such is planned. An "all" target is also
8 > planned.
9
10 Running "emerge -pv depclean" should show any packages not covered by
11 "world" right?
12
13 The "all" target sounds like a great idea :)
14
15 Cheers,
16
17 Brad