From: Anders Bruun Olsen <anders@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Advice about security solution
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:21:17
1 On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 09:19:38PM +0200, unaos wrote:
2 > > Hmm.. any good guides or pointers to get Apache, MySQL, Postfix,
3 > > Courier-imap, rsyncd, ventrilo, cs-server, zope and so on to run in
4 > recommends mod_chroot for Apache.
5
6 I have tried using mod_chroot just earlier today, but ran into trouble
7 because I use mod_auth_pam, which of course does not work correctly
8 inside a chrooted env. I am thinking about going all out and putting my
9 users in an LDAP directory, which would make it possible to put Apache
10 and other services in chroots since auth etc. would consist of
11 connecting to the LDAP daemon and not of asking PAM to look into
12 /etc/shadow.
15 Anders
21 PGPKey: http://random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD4DEFED0
22 --