From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] User authentication with key-file and gpg-agent
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:54:55
1 Hi!
2
3 Now that my initrd-script is ready and provides me with the means to
4 encrypt partitions with a gpg-encrypted key-file [1], I'd like to use
5 the very same file for user authentication.
6
7 It would be even better if gpg-agent could get it right from the user
8 authentication (pam) to use it for as many services as possible, ssh,
9 gpg, gnome-keyring (?), sudo (?), password database.
10
11 I think what I really want is something like a poor man's version of
12 smartcard authentication.
13
14 Could you please give me some hints? I'd be pleased to hear any
15 comments, criticism and recommendations on that issue.
16
17 Thanks in advance!
18
19 Florian Philipp
20
21 [1] basically 1k of random data, encrypted with 3DES by gpg