From: Christian Spoo <mail@××××××××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] chkrootkit report
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 02:16:42
Alex Efros schrieb:
> Hi! > > Below is example of report which I received from chkrootkit. What's the > goal of listing all these .keep and .packlist files? There a lot of them, > and this make report hard to read. I've checked some of these files -
Hi! The .keep files are used by Portage to prevent directories from being deleted while unmerging some packages. Whenever a directory should be kept (therefore the filename!) an empty .keep file is created so that Portage thinks that the folder is still used.

mail.vcf text/x-vcard
signature.asc application/pgp-signature