From: ANAZAWA Akio <anazawa@×××.com>
To: gentoo-security@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: SSH - Settings based on user groups
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:43:59
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using scponly (/usr/portage/net-misc/scponly in Gentoo) on FreeBSD
4 box for this purpose.
5
6 Best regards,
7 Akio Anazawa
8 --
9 @___
10 c>// _ ---
11 (_)\ (_) --- Akio Anazawa <anazawa@×××.com>
12 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
15 >>>>> In <200312152259.04018.nick@××××××××.ca>
16 >>>>> at Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:59:04 -0500,
17 >>>>> Nick Gommans <nick@××××××××.ca> wrote:
18 > Hello everyone,
19
20 > I just had a question about SSH that (hopefully) someone can answer fo me.
21
22 > Is there a way of setting up the SSH server to restrict permission to such
23 > extensions as X11Forwarding and Port Forwarding to members of specific
24 > groups? How about restricting SSH to only allow a user to use the SCP/SFTP
25 > service but have no interactive shell (In an effort to eliminate users from
26 > using FTP)?
27
28 > Is there any way I can achieve this level of control in OpenSSH?
29
30 > Thanks in advance,
31 > Nick
34 > --