From: Chris O'Regan <chris.oregan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] TCP Wrapper Documentation
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:52:23
1 Search for "tcp wrappers howto" on Google. Yes, this must be
2 maintained manually. I recommend to do away with /etc/host.deny and
3 have "ALL :ALL@ALL :deny" as the last line of /etc/hosts.allow.
4
5 On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 11:51 PM, James Stull <rivitir@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > I have a gentoo desktop profile system and I would like to use tcp wrappers
7 > to secure certain services like ssh. I followed the documentation I could
8 > find from the security guide to install the ebuild but I don't have the
9 > /etc/hosts.allow or hosts.deny. Do I have to manually create these? Is their
10 > any other documentation available that I can use to help me install and
11 > configure it properly?
12 >
13 > Thanks for your help.