From: Sean Cook <scook@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-security] postfix and SASL
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 20:52:13
1 You have to enable tls support in the main.cf
2
3 # this line alone should cause that EHLO to respond with appropriate detail
4 smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
7 smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks,
8
9 reject_unauth_destination
10 smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
11 smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
12 broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
15 -----Original Message-----
16 From: Joe Strusz [mailto:jstrusz@×××××.com]
17 Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:31 PM
18 To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
19 Subject: [gentoo-security] postfix and SASL
20
21 I have confirmed postfix is indeed compiled with SASL support. And i
22 have TLS working great. However when i telnet to port 25 and
23 issuethe ehlo command, i do receive the starttls etc... yet no AUTH
24 PLAIN lines...
25
26 I have been through every gentoo forum on this subject over and over
27 again... same result. Ive googled, and googled, and even resorted to
28 the postfix handbook..
29
30 Could someone shed some light on this for me?
33 Joe Strusz
34
35 IT Assistant
36 Oxford Publishing, Inc.