From: sf <sf@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: How to make iptables log to a separate log file?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:46:34
Abhay Kedia wrote:
> Yes and this is why I want them to be logged separately. Thanks to the helpful > replies by everyone, I have been able to log iptables log to a separate file > but the problem still remains. > > /var/log/messages is getting flooded by iptables log. I can't see any helpful
... Use flags(final); in syslog-ng's log entry for iptables and put this log entry before all others in syslog-ng.conf. (The man page for syslog-ng.conf is incomplete. For detailed documentation read /usr/share/doc/syslog-ng-1.6.8-r1/syslog-ng.txt.gz.) Regards Stephan -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list