From: Andy Smith <andy@××××××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-security@×××××××××××××." <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 04:02:27
On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 03:27:12AM +0100, Frank Gruellich wrote:
> * Andy Smith <andy@××××××××××.net> 9. Jan 04 > > I thought that ICMP should never be answered with ICMP? So the > > correct action would be DROP in this case. > > Oh, come on, echo request isn't answered with echo reply anymore? > Please think, then post. ICMP errors are not answerd, that's right so > far.
Everything in his ICMP chain *was* an ICMP error, except echo request, and that one is rather obvious. However, you're right that I should have been clearer about that only applying to errors. You appear to be extremely eager to flame and be abusive. I suggest you spend more time working on your own personal brain/keyboard firewall settings before talking to other humans about its Internet equivalent. *plonk* -- "I'd ask if you'd found the right sort of isolated wasteland for your citadel of dread yet, but that would be a silly question; you're in Utah, after all." -- Eric Raymond to CEO of SCO -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list