From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] invalid section : "db"
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:17:35
Hello,

I'm trying to setup Prelude IDS on a new server and I seem to be running into
problems with prelude-manager upon startup.  It does
start but it does not connect to MySQL (maybe I'm wrong and it's
libpreludedb).
I have the following versions installed:

prelude-manager-0.9.1-r1
libprelude-0.9.3
libpreludedb-0.9.2

Here are the errors I receive when running "prelude-manager" from the command
line:

/etc/prelude-manager/prelude-manager.conf:90: invalid section : "db".
/etc/prelude-manager/prelude-manager.conf:93: invalid option "type" in
"global" section at depth 0.
/etc/prelude-manager/prelude-manager.conf:96: invalid option "host" in
"global" section at depth 0.
/etc/prelude-manager/prelude-manager.conf:99: invalid option "port" in
"global" section at depth 0.
/etc/prelude-manager/prelude-manager.conf:102: invalid option "name" in
"global" section at depth 0.
/etc/prelude-manager/prelude-manager.conf:108: invalid option "pass" in
"global" section at depth 0.
- server started (listening on 0.0.0.0 port 4690).

Here is my configuration located in /etc/prelude-manager/prelude-manager.conf:
include = /etc/prelude/default/global.conf
listen = 0.0.0.0
[db]
type = mysql
host = localhost
port = 3306
name = prelude
user = prelude
pass = *cough!* you wish *cough!*

The contents of the included global.conf are:
[prelude]

Could I be missing something?  When I first set it up I just went through and
uncommented the items above, so I wouldn't think that it wouldn't be able to
recognize "[db]" as a valid section.

Any ideas on how I could troubleshoot this further would be, oh, so helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Robert Larson