From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Lesley van Zijl <zyl@××××××.nl>
Cc: gentoo-security List <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] grsecurity + usermode Linux + skas ?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:00:59
1 You should run these questions by the grsec mailing list.
4 On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 06:07, Lesley van Zijl wrote:
5 > I want to play around with usermode linux, So I am reading the docs and
6 > patching the kernels etc.
7 > But I noticed that I couldn't patch the grsec-sources with the skas
8 > patch(1), the skas patch isn't that long (about 570 lines)
9 > so I thought maybe I can look into the patch and see what is going wrong
10 > and adjust the patch so that it is able to patch my kernel tree.
11 > But since it's 'the kernel' I am pretty afraid that I would do something
12 > really stupid :)
13 >
14 > I only use the kernel options for grsec, not (yet) any acl's.
15 >
16 > Does anyone have any experience with this or can anyone tell me what I
17 > can break or just tell me to stay away from it because it isn't going to
18 > help
19 > security in any way.
20 > My idea was to apply grsec on both the uml kernel and on my host kernel,
21 > but first the host
22 >
23 > The files that fail are:
24 > mm/mprotect.c