From: Florian Weimer <fw@××××××××××.de>
To: Ronan Mullally <ronan@×××.ie>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] TCP vulnerability
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:01:07
1 Ronan Mullally <ronan@×××.ie> writes:
2
3 > As I understand it, this 'rediscovery' is more to do with the research
4 > indicating that previous estimates of the time required to carry out a
5 > RST attack were over-estimated. This paper suggests the attack can be
6 > completed in a matter of minutes / hours rather than years.
7
8 I'm not sure if I should label the current issue as a "rediscovery".
9 Many people who claim that it is one simply do not understand its
10 nature. I haven't checked all references, though (after some time,
11 it's a bit tiresome, and who cares anyway?).
14 Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
15 following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, postino.it, tiscali.co.uk,
16 tiscali.cz, tiscali.it, voila.fr.
19 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list