From: Ben Koren <benkoren@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:17:47
1 I don't have a script on hand to show you as an example, but I had a
2 small script for doing the windows updates. Basically, I went through
3 and downloaded all of the updates manually (the kb****** executables
4 from MS). Then I threw them all in a a folder on a flash drive and had a
5 small script execute them one by one - so for each client's machine I
6 would stick in my flash drive and run the update script. Obviously, new
7 KB's are bound to come out, so I usually ran Windows Update after that,
8 but it still saved a load on bandwidht. I don't have a solution for the
9 Mac updates. Hope this helps!
10
11 Regards,
12 Benjamin Koren
13
14 Ochal Christophe wrote:
15 > Hi,
16 >
17 > I've been looking for a way to use our internal gentoo box (file - &
18 > printserver) to also cache windowsupdates & mac updates.
19 > Since we have a computershop we need to update *ALOT* of machines, and
20 > there's no flatrate internet available in Belgium, meaning we tend to
21 > run into our download limits.
22 >
23 > Does anyone know if this is feasable? If so, how?
24 >
25 > With kind regards,
26 > Ochal Christophe
27 --