From: Ben Koren <benkoren@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 13:17:47
I don't have a script on hand to show you as an example, but I had a
small script for doing the windows updates. Basically, I went through
and downloaded all of the updates manually (the kb****** executables
from MS). Then I threw them all in a a folder on a flash drive and had a
small script execute them one by one - so for each client's machine I
would stick in my flash drive and run the update script. Obviously, new
KB's are bound to come out, so I usually ran Windows Update after that,
but it still saved a load on bandwidht. I don't have a solution for the
Mac updates. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Benjamin Koren

-- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list