From: Wojciech Ziniewicz <wojciech.ziniewicz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] SearchSecurity.com: "Linux patch problems: Your distro may vary"
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 18:35:56
1 2006/8/7, Wolfram Schlich <lists@×××××××××××××××.org>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just stumbled over an article from SearchSecurity.com which was linked to
5 > in a heise newsticker posting that tries to analyze how fast distributions
6 > react to security vulnerabilities:
7 >
8 > http://tinyurl.com/lplfb
9 >
10 > Quick chart:
11 >
12 > Rank Distro Points/100
13 > ---- ------------------------- ----------
14 > 1. Ubuntu 76
15 > 2. Fedora Core 70
16 > 3. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 63
17 > 4. Debian GNU/Linux 61
18 > 5. Mandriva Linux 54
19 > 6. Gentoo Linux 39
20 > 7. Trustix Secure Linux 32
21 > 8. SUSE Linux Enterprise 32
22 > 9. Slackware Linux 30
23 >
24 > Rank 6 out of 10 is not a great result -- at least we beat SUSE ;)
25 >
26 > Any comments or thoughts about this?
27 > Can we become better?
28 > Are we maybe better than the author pretends?
29 > Does the security team currently face serious problems that need to be
30 > solved, be it inside or outside the security team?
31
32 Working with many distros - I have noticed only one minus of gentoo -
33 emerge system. That's why gentoo is placed 6th...
36 Wojciech Ziniewicz | jid:zeth@××××××.pl
37 http://silenceproject.org | http://zetho.wordpress.com
38 --
39 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list