From: Francois Toussenel <wednews@××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] iptables window of opportunity at startup
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 17:22:20
On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:29:55 +0100 Tobias Klausmann <klausman@××××××××××××.de> wrote:

> Which *should* make iptables start before net.* (maybe except > net.lo). And sure enough, the boot sequence is:
This depends on the runlevels in which you have iptables and net.eth0. Could you please post the output of the following command? # rc-update show | grep 'iptables\|net\.' By having iptables in boot and net.eth0 in default, iptables starts before net.eth0, but it also stops before services and of course net.eth0. Does somebody know a setting to avoid that? (I would add that one might want to never respond to pings, for instance, so starting iptables between net.eth0 and services seems not enough.) Regards, Francois -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list