From: Christophe Garault <christophe@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] If your interested
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:43:37

This is exactly what fail2ban do. It's a very nice script written in python that can block an IP for an amount of time after several login attempts. It can monitor ssh and apache. Look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/fail2ban or directly emerge it as it is allready in Portage. I have it running for a couple of months and I must say that I'm very satisfied. -- Christophe Garault -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list