From: David vasil <vasil@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] postfix and SASL
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:28:05
Joe Strusz wrote:
> Whenever i telnet to port 25, and issue the AUTH PLAIN command i receive > this: > > 538: Encryption required for requested authentication mechanism. > > What does this mean? > > I could really use some help on this... its been bugging me for weeks now. > > Also, I do have smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes line > > > Please help > > blargh. > > Your fellow befumbled gentoo user.
It means exactly what the error message says: In order for your request to be accepted, you must first encrypt your data stream. Postfix is only doing what you told it to do in main.cf with: smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes (only allow authentication for smtpd services when TLS is established). -dave -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list