From: Jeff <jmg_071769@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] hardened and amd-k6
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 20:05:45
Hey Terry.

I'm not sure that this is related, but I'm also experiencing a lot of
'Illegal Instruction' errors with my athlon-xp. I haven't had any issues
building my system, but after building common programs like Eterm, I get
 lots of 'Illegal Instruction' errors.

Cheers to everyone, and have a good weekend.

-Jeff

Terry Richards wrote:
> is there a problem with selinux-piessp and the AMD-K6 architecture? when > i get to chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash i get Illegal instruction. yes i > am using the stage1-x86 tar balls. i tried stage2 and stage3-x86 but get > same error. > > /|\ >
-- R2-D2 and Chewbacca are playing the holographic game aboard the Millennium Falcon. Chewbacca: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh C-3PO: He made a fair move. Screaming about it can't help you. Han Solo: Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookiee. C-3PO: But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid. Han Solo: That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that. Chewbacca: Grrf. C-3PO: I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win. -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list