From: Jeff <jmg_071769@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] hardened and amd-k6
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 20:05:45
1 Hey Terry.
2
3 I'm not sure that this is related, but I'm also experiencing a lot of
4 'Illegal Instruction' errors with my athlon-xp. I haven't had any issues
5 building my system, but after building common programs like Eterm, I get
6 lots of 'Illegal Instruction' errors.
7
8 Cheers to everyone, and have a good weekend.
9
10 -Jeff
11
12 Terry Richards wrote:
13 > is there a problem with selinux-piessp and the AMD-K6 architecture? when
14 > i get to chroot /mnt/gentoo /bin/bash i get Illegal instruction. yes i
15 > am using the stage1-x86 tar balls. i tried stage2 and stage3-x86 but get
16 > same error.
17 >
18 > /|\
22 R2-D2 and Chewbacca are playing the holographic game aboard
23 the Millennium Falcon.
24 Chewbacca:
25 Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh
26 C-3PO:
27 He made a fair move. Screaming about it can't help you.
28 Han Solo:
29 Let him have it. It's not wise to upset a Wookiee.
30 C-3PO:
31 But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid.
32 Han Solo:
33 That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out
34 of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known
35 to do that.
36 Chewbacca:
37 Grrf.
38 C-3PO:
39 I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2:
40 let the Wookiee win.
43 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list