From: Chris Smith <chris.rs@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 05:48:24
1 On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 06:27, Pooh Sun Tzu wrote:
2 > Greetings,
3 > I have been with gentoo for about 3 months now, but only recently
4 > decided I needed a firewall. Don't ask, as I still feel simply not
5 > having ports open is just as good as a firewall that blocks them.
6 > Regardless, I would love your suggestions on firewalls avalaible for
7 > Gentoo. Also, if you could provide a brief explaination instead of just
8 > a name, that would make my day much easier. Thanks!
9 >
10 > regards,
11 > Pooh Sun Tzu
12
13 Hi there,
14
15 Something I've used on all my servers is a high-level firewall description
16 language called "Firehol"
17
18 More information about this project can be found at http://firehol.sf.net and
19 perhaps it's most curious feature is with one firehol script, you can port it
20 to many other filtering languages (i.e. iptables, pf etc...).
21
22 Cheers,
23 Chris.
26 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list