From: Benjamin A'Lee <lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] postfix and SASL
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:42:31
Do you have smtpd_tls_auth_only enabled? I spent hours wondering why it wasn't offering AUTH until I realised I had enabled this; if it's enabled you need to be using TLS before it'll offer AUTH (as in, you actually have to type STARTTLS). What happens when you type AUTH PLAIN without it offering it? On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 09:49 +0200, Christophe Garault wrote:
I don't think it actually matters which port; IIRC it just enables STARTTLS by default on 465. Ben -- Termisoc Tech Officer: <http://termisoc.org/> My Homepage: <http://benalee.co.uk/> "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list