From: Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] #342619 RESOLVED WONTFIX
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:03:57
1 2010/10/27 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
2
3 > On Wednesday 27 October 2010, Kirktis wrote:
4 > > and people wonder why gentoo is not taken seriously by the enterprise.
5 > >
6 > > On 10/27/10, dev-random@××××.ru <dev-random@××××.ru> wrote:
7 > > > #342619 [http://bugs.gentoo.org/342619]
8 > > > RESOLVED WONTFIX
9 > > >
10 > > > Are you intentionally leaving security hole in system?
11 >
12 > please show me some enterprise distros incorporating that patch.
15 This is not usable issue of one or another patch. This is something
16 un-serious to the companies. Should we upgrade our servers or not? I'ts like
17 ticking bomb! Upgrading... Block! Removing, upgrading... Compilation fail
18 because of some strange thing happen - maybe sun eruption or something else.
19 Now collection is expanded to patches that will not be mainstreamed :> This
20 is GOOD PRACTICE :). Thinking about Debian on servers - tell me why? - after
21 4 years with Gentoo :>
24 Mateusz Mierzwiński
25
26 Bluebox Software [PL]
27 Neural Networks, Artificial Perception and Artificial Intelligence projects
28 coordinator