From: Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski <mateuszmierzwinski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] #342619 RESOLVED WONTFIX
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:03:57
2010/10/27 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>

> On Wednesday 27 October 2010, Kirktis wrote: > > and people wonder why gentoo is not taken seriously by the enterprise. > > > > On 10/27/10, dev-random@××××.ru <dev-random@××××.ru> wrote: > > > #342619 [http://bugs.gentoo.org/342619] > > > RESOLVED WONTFIX > > > > > > Are you intentionally leaving security hole in system? > > please show me some enterprise distros incorporating that patch. > >
This is not usable issue of one or another patch. This is something un-serious to the companies. Should we upgrade our servers or not? I'ts like ticking bomb! Upgrading... Block! Removing, upgrading... Compilation fail because of some strange thing happen - maybe sun eruption or something else. Now collection is expanded to patches that will not be mainstreamed :> This is GOOD PRACTICE :). Thinking about Debian on servers - tell me why? - after 4 years with Gentoo :> -- Mateusz Mierzwiński Bluebox Software [PL] Neural Networks, Artificial Perception and Artificial Intelligence projects coordinator